Sunday 22 October 2017

Oluwo Oba Akanbi talks of his experience with kidnappers.


The Oluwo of the Iwo Kingdom, Oba Abdul Rasheed Akanbi, has revealed he was captured two times by ritualists and he was let go both times. He said he went missing for 4 months.

The Flamboyant king in a recent interview with City People, went back memory lane, as he discussed his relationship with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi who he said he grew up with in Ibadan, Oyo State.

Speaking during the interview, Oba Akanbi disclosed that he was captured two times by Ritualists in 1981 who later rejected him because he was a chosen king.

‘Oh, yes! But I like to talk more about my life. I want people to learn from my own life, my own experience. In 1981, something happened and I had to leave Iwo. I left home and I was lost for 4 months. I was captured 2 times by Ritualists and both of them rejected me’

‘.The 2nd one said let him go ooo. He is an Oba ooo. He is a king. Lets leave it at that.’

‘All I will say is that, I am from Iwo. I grew up in Iwo. The last time I left Iwo was 1981. I only came back in 1984.’

I came around and helped my dad and I left again. I came for secondary school in Iwo. I was in Class 2 promoting to Form 3 at that time. That incident happened and I left when I got lost after 4 months I was found. The man who owns that building, out there, where Wema Bank is located was the one that found me at a petrol station in Lawanson. When I came back, my mother said you are not going back to Iwo again.

That was how I ended up with my uncle. It is not only in Akobo, Bashorun area of Ibadan that me and Oonis family lived together. We started from the area called Holy Trinity, Seventh Day Adventist area. At that time, we were living side by side, by Senator Soji Akanbi’s family house at Holy Trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

loading...